(Photo by Esparta)
Buenos Aires is full of activities related to music, dance and food this week; a true feast for the senses. One of the most awaited events is the VII Festival Buenos Aires Danza Contemporánea (the 7th Buenos Aires Contemporary Dance Festival). The event, which will take place from the 4th to the 8th of October will feature some of the latest trends in this expressive medium by both local and other South American artists.
The festival’s program is divided in different sections or “themes”:
– Homage to Argentine choreographer Ana Kamien. Featuring a video projection and a special performance by Ana Garat.
– Experiencias Escenicas: A group of performances in which the audience and the artists interact.
– Obras: Featuring a selection of pieces created by local artists.
– Maratón: An open dance space on the terrace of the Centro Cultural Recoleta in which the audience is welcome to participate and move.
– Las Danzas Calle: That will feature a special photography exhibit.
– Sala Paradora: A mobile stage that will showcase a special collaborative project merging the concepts of urban and rural life.
– Conexiones Latinas: A special program that will present Brazilian performance and visual arts and that will simultaneously take Argentine artists to perform and present their work in Brazil.
There will also be different labs and workshops for dancers, dance institutions and a special guest from Brazil, Claudia Müller who will be offering performances that will be delivered in the homes/offices or any agreed on place of the people who sign up for them. (If you want to receive a special performance call 15 4161 4258 on the 4th of October from 4pm-11pm.)
The full program is available here and the events are free.